Under the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, dtr needs your consent to send you some types of commercial electronic messages (mostly marketing and promotional information).
I understand that Thorn Group Financial Services Limited trading as dtr are asking me for personal information about me so as to use that information to obtain further information about me from third parties.
I understand that the information dtr, their employees or agents obtain will be used for the purpose of:
The information dtr collects may consist of (but is not limited to) details of my assets, liabilities, income, employment, credit history, address details and contact information.
The Third Parties that dtr may contact include but not limited to:
- Any trading bank, finance company, credit union or other financial institution.
- Any credit reporting service or agency (including but not limited to Veda Advantage).
- Any government agency (including but not limited to LTSA, LINZ, PPSR, IRD and WINZ).
- Employers – both past and present.
- Other third parties as required by dtr for the purpose stated above.
I understand that:
- This authorisation compels any third party to give dtr the information they request.
- Neither dtr nor any third party needs to contact me before the third party furbishes the information dtr requests.
The third parties dtr gives my information to may retain that information and use it to provide their own service knowing:
- The Privacy Act 1993 restricts the parties to whom dtr or third party may divulge my personal information.
- In providing a service, a third party (e.g. a credit reporting agency) may disclose information dtr has given to them about me, to their own customers.
- If I default in my obligations to dtr, information about that default may be given to third parties (e.g. a credit reporting agency).
I authorise all persons, organisations, companies, government agencies and other entities to provide dtr with any information about me they reasonably request. I retain the right to cancel this authorisation at any time in full or part by giving signed notice to dtr, provided however that I no longer have any contractual obligations to dtr.
I acknowledge that I have the right to access and correct any personal information held by dtr.
I also give dtr and any of its subsidiaries authorisation to contact me/us in regard to new products or conduct market research. If I do not wish to receive further information about dtr's range of products, offers or competitions, I will inform dtr at Thorn Rentals NZ Limited, PO Box 204365, Highbrook, Manukau 2161.
I also understand that the information I provide of my friends and family is for research, marketing and credit purposes only and will not be published in a form that could reasonably be expected to identify them.
Ministry of Justice Approval
As part of the dtr loan approval policy, I authorise Thorn Rentals NZ Limited to request from the Ministry of Justice confirmation of any fines and the total outstanding balance of fines that I may have outstanding as at today's date.